U.S. Tax

U.S. Tax

Are you a U.S. citizen living in Canada, or are you a Canadian citizen working in the U.S.? We are a cross-border tax specialist firm that will ensure that your tax returns are filed accurately and on time. Our U.S. CPA has over 10 years of accounting experience and is licensed in both Canada and the United States.

We provide the following U.S. tax-related services:

  • U.S. personal federal income tax returns (Form 1040,1040NR, and state equivalent returns)
  • U.S. rental property reporting
  • Assist Canadian corporations with U.S. treaty-protected returns (Form 1120-F)
  • Streamlined program filing to get U.S. citizens compliant with their U.S. tax filing requirements.
  • Informational return reporting (Form W-8BEN, FBAR, and U.S. citizens with ownership of Canadian business)
  • Foreign tax credit optimization

Expertise that You Can Count On

Many Canadian residents have dual citizenship.  This can create a daunting experience when it comes time to file both Canadian and U.S. tax returns.  Often taxpayers are left in the dark and not sure what their reporting obligations are, or to whom they should be paying taxes.  In some cases, this leads to neglecting to stay compliant with one governing body or the other.  Our aim is to alleviate the stress associated with tax filing and simplify the process for you.  At the same time, we want to minimize your tax obligations while staying compliant with the tax authorities.

To further explore how best we can be of service to you, Contact Argento CPA for a free consultation today!